Thursday, May 21, 2015

WHAT IS A BEACHBODY CHALLENGE GROUP?

If you are at all familiar with fitness, Beachbody or are friends with a Beachbody coach or even on  Facebook, instagram or any other other social media site, then you have probably seen or heard the term "challenge group" mentioned but what does it mean?? 
A challenge group is when a group of people (my groups are usually made of of all ladies) that commit to doing a Beachbody at-home workout program, drinking Shakeology, and checking in with their coach via a private Facebook group for a specified period of time. Most challenge groups are short, lasting usually 3-4 weeks.  In some groups, everyone commits to the same workout program and in others, members choose any program they would like.  As a coach, I use the Facebook group to post fitness and nutrition tips, recipes, inspirational messages, quotes, or pictures, and assignments.  The group should also be used for the members to post any questions they may have throughout the process, encourage one another, and post their progress.  

To be honest, even as a coach, I was skeptical about how effective being a part of a challenge group would be.  I wasn't convinced it would truly serve to keep me on track, consistent, motivated, or accountable to my workouts and eating habits. Boy was I wrong.  I felt very comfortable and connected to my group and coach. It was a safe place for me to share my struggles and my triumphs. And I really  wanted to make my coach proud.  I felt guilty if I wasn't actively participating with the group, but to participate, I needed to be doing my workouts and eating healthy!  IT WORKED.  

Challenge groups are the answer to the accountability question of at-home workouts.  As a coach, I act as an online personal trainer for a lot less money than you would pay a trainer at the gym.  Thanks to social media, it is VERY easy to connect and stay up to date on everyone and where they are at.   
Challenge groups are for everyone.  All ages and all sizes.  You may be the most disciplined person in the world, but joining a challenge group will make you even MORE disciplined.  Engaging in your challenge groups will get you results.  Your coach can help you reach your fitness goals.   


No comments :

Post a Comment