Monday, June 22, 2015

Homemade Coconut Cream Pie Larabars

No matter who I talk to, most everyone seems to love larabar, I know I do! I am a huge fan of them and one of my favorites is the Coconut Cream Pie and I think these coconut cream larabars I made came out even better than the store bought ones!!


These literally took about 5 minutes to make.  Can it get any easier?  I love easy to make recipes like this.  The store bought Larabars cost about $1.50 a piece and that can add up fast if you are buying a lot of them.  So here is my favorite recipe.  I hope you like it as much as we do.(The recipe is not my own but I can recall where I came a cross it at! 

Ingredients:
  • 15 Medjool Dates
  • 1/2 cup almonds
  • 1/2 cup cashews
  • 3/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
  • 2 T coconut oil
  • 2 T water
Instructions:
  • Mix the almonds, coconut and cashews in the food processor until finely grated.
  • Then add the dates, oil and water and pulse until a dough forms.
  • Line an 8X8 pan with parchment paper leaving enough room for some to come out the sides. That way, the bars will be easy to remove and cut with a pizza cutter.
  • Press down the down so that it is packed well and place in the fridge to set.
  • It will take an hour or two. Slice and eat. These should keep in the fridge for a couple weeks.
It doesn’t get much easier than that friends!
Enjoy and I Hope you all have a wonderful week!


No comments :

Post a Comment